Thursday, March 19, 2009

idea of LAUGHTER

Look back to your childhood. What do you see? What was your favorite thing or favorite thing to do that you remember?

My favorite thing was not an object that one can touch/feel, but more of something the "touched" my soul and made me who I am today--Laughter. But how would one define laughter?

Some would say laughter is a waste of energy. Truly, I believe in my heart that without laughter, or even the giggles here and there, life would be depressing and boring.

When I was a child, I remember playing with my friends and feeling happy all the time. When I was sad, laughter would bring my out of the dark and turn a bad day into a good day. That still happens to me today.

Today, when I hear laughter, I can't help but laugh too...even if I don"t know what I am laughing at. Sounds silly right? But think of how you would get the giggles, where you sad? No! If anything you would laugh more at the fact you couldn't stop laughing and "get tickled pink."

Even when I hear a child laugh, I can't help but be happy. Seeing a child enjoy laughter like how I did warms my heart and I say "awwww how cute!"

Now, imagine life without laughter. How do you see it? Boring, depressing, up-tight, serious? All those emotions aren't apart of a happy life. People would hate living and having no fun at all.

Could you live without laughter? I couldn't, I live to laugh! Even the dumbest, silliest or perverted jokes brighten my day. Tell me a fart joke and I'll be laughing the rest of the day making it a good day. I'll even try and retell the joke and end up laughing before I can say the punch-line or tell the joke completely wrong and make fun at myself. Everyone should be able to laugh at themselves.

Laughter is the cure for anything; even a boring, depressing day.

No comments:

Post a Comment